1. No snuggling partner on a chilly night? Your electric fireplace heater will warm you up with realistic flickering flames, but without producing any messy ashes. Now that's a perfect companion!
2. Featuring sleek, contemporary mantel designs, modern electric fireplaces often abandon the whole fake log thing in favor of colorful, LED-lit rock salts or other creative materials, like pebbles or pinecones.
3. Shock your old, decrepit, or merely idle chimney to life with an electric fireplace insert. As easy to install as a TV (i.e., just plug it in), electric fireplace inserts sit directly in your existing firebox to produce a realistic fireplace without the mess ... even without the heat, if desired.
4. Since no venting or permanent installation is required, corner electric fireplaces can be instantly added to that unused nook in your ramshackle apartment to create a welcoming atmosphere, despite your landlord's delayed maintenance schedule.
5. A fireplace is the focal point in a room, so you'll have to correct the home builder's error if your living room is lacking direction. Black or white electric fireplaces suit contemporary homes, while classic wood mantels are often better suited to traditional decor.
6. Combine the best of caveman and modern man technology with an electric fireplace TV stand. The realistic flickering flames will take the cold, industrial edge off your ginormous flat screen without melting it.
7. There's no need to search for a built-in fireplace in your new home when you can simply take your free standing electric fireplace with you. Available in any style to match your decor, these portable units simply plug into a standard outlet, but will look like a permanent fixture in any room.
8. Building a fire used to be as cheap as collecting some fallen branches, but in our modern homes, electric fireplaces may be the most economical choice. They require no professional installation of a chimney or gas lines, don't require you to buy fuel, operate for pennies a day of electricity, and are incredibly efficient - the blower forces heated air into the room, instead of sucking it out the chimney.
9. Electric fireplaces generate about 5,000 BTUs of heat, enough to make a 400-square-foot-room feel toasty. Save money by turning down your house's thermostat and gathering the family around one of these beautiful space heaters in your living room on a winter day.
10. Most electric fireplaces have no hot surfaces, so they're safe for use around curious kids and pets. They produce no indoor or outdoor emissions of any kind and conserve energy, making electric fireplaces the smart choice for your family and the environment.
Find more information in our Electric Fireplaces Helpful Information section!