1. Since wall-mounted fireplaces act as mesmerizing pieces of contemporary art, make sure the fireplace's frame will coordinate with the other framed art in your home. Wood, white, black, and metal frames are all available.
2. Wall mount electric fireplaces are just like TV, only better: the flames dance to entertain your eyes, but watching won't turn your brain to mush and kill your capacity for conversation.
3. Even the smallest bathroom of your house can enjoy the romantic, luxurious ambiance of a roaring fire with modern electric wall fireplaces. They're easy to install and are quite slim to fit in any space.
4. Unlike freestanding versions, wall-mount electric fireplaces can be easily taken down and stored in the summer months, when you don't even want to think about fire. Rehang the fireplace in the winter for a cozy feel.
5. Interior decorators always say the fireplace is the focal point of the room, but who wants to look down to ground level? Hang the flames at eye level for a surprising effect that's also safer for kids and pets.
6. Many wall-mounted fireplaces include built-in heaters to warm your room like a real fire. However, some don't produce any heat and can be used year-round for instant ambiance.
7. A wall mount gel fireplace burns canisters of jellied alcohol, an eco-friendly fuel that produces no fumes or odors. The bare flames from the canisters are well-suited to the modern designs of these fireplaces.
8. If you don't have floor space to spare but still want the look of a traditional fireplace, hang your electric wall fireplace at floor level and frame it with a shallow mantel.
9. Turn your living room decor upside down by hanging your contemporary wall-mounted fireplace over your flat panel TV.
10. For an even more ironic twist, hang your wall-mounted electric fireplace over the mantel of your traditional wood-burning fireplace. Accent with lit candles to complete the look.